Named after the brightest star in the constellation of Canis Minor, one of the 21 first magnitude stars, the new brand has employed an all-new body form under the concept of a fountain pen that brightens up people’s business scenes and lifestyles.
PROCYON fountain pen employs the “Slip & Seal Mechanism ” that provides a smooth writing experience at any time. The body made with aluminum that offers the best weight balance and the pentagon-shaped pen nib stimulate the pleasure of writing, while the special coating that blends in well with the skin color as well as the lineup of vivid colors stimulate the pleasure of owning the pen. We hope you enjoy using PROCYON fountain pen, which can be used casually both in business and in your private time regardless of gender. It comes with a smooth writing steel nib and a Platinum ink cartridge (converter sold separately).
Comes with a FREE set of three specially -blended MIXABLE INK cartridges (one cartridge per color) for a limited time only (while stocks last).
1. Equipped with the Slip & Seal Mechanism that offers a smooth writing experience at any time The Slip & Seal Mechanism, which is one of the main features of our representative #3776 CENTURY fountain pen models, is also employed for PROCYON. This Platinum Pen’ s unique mechanism enabled a pen with a screw-type cap to offer complete airtightness using the inner cap. It provides smooth writing with fresh ink at any time.
The main body and the inner cap tightly cohere to each other as you close the cap. The inner cap moves toward the end when the main body rotates while the spring holds the inner cap fast to maintain a complete airtightness.
2. Equipped with a newly-designed feeder for easier ink absorption There is no need to dip the pen up to its gripping section into the ink when drawing ink using a converter. The newly- designed feeder of PROCYON fountain pen lets you draw enough ink only by dipping the nib up to its end. In this way, it made it easier to draw ink even when only a small amount of ink is left in the bottle.
3. The pentagon-shaped large nib that offers a superb resiliency and flexibility In 1962, Platinum Pen launched Japan’ s first fountain pen that employed a pentagon-shaped gold nib. The same production knowhow for such a pen nib is also applied in the PROCYON fountain pen. Its resiliency realizes a writing feel similar to that of a gold nib in spite of being made with stainless steel.
4. Aluminum body that offers the best weight balance Although it has a voluminous metallic body, it has achieved the best weight balance by using aluminum for the material. In addition, a close attention has been given to obtain a good balance when the cap is placed on the back of the pen so as to offer a pleasant writing experience.
5. Special coating colors that stimulate the pleasure of owning the pen Coatings are used to create different textures such as matte/smooth texture or shiny texture like a pottery while maintaining the unique texture of the metallic body. A total of five colors are available to give originality and uniqueness so that the pen can be enjoyed not only as a writing instrument but also as an accent in the breast pocket of your business suit.
Size 139.7 mm (full length) × 14.4mm (max. diameter)