Noodler's ink is a Fountain Pen ink developed by a devoted pen collector. Noodler's ink is well known for their large range of colours and specialties and good performance on more absorbent papers that are not normally fountain pen friendly. To keep prices as low as possible, Noodler's uses simple bottles and packaging, with boxes made of recycled paper. All Noodler's inks are 100% made in the USA.
This battleship gray ink is named for the USS Lexington (CV-2), one of the few American aircraft carriers not caught in the Pearl Harbor attacks and which played a critical role in the first months of combat in the Pacific theater until it was sunk during the Battle of the Coral Sea in May of 1942. A new USS Lexington, (CV-16) was launched four months later and served for 49 years before finally being decommissioned in 1991.
- Bulletproof: This ink is water resistant on cellulose-based papers and resists all known tools of forgers, including UV light, bleach, alcohol, and other solvents. This ink may still be vulnerable to smearing when exposed to water.
- Eternal: Made to resist the effects of time, this ink is archival, fade resistant, and unaffected by humid or acidic conditions.
- This is not an iron gall ink - It is pH neutral and totally safe to use in fountain pens.
- Ink bottles are filled to the brim with ink, be careful when opening it to avoid spilling.
- Noodler's inks are hand made in small batches, the colors can vary slightly from one bottle to another.