Noodler's ink is a Fountain Pen ink developed by a devoted pen collector. Noodler's ink is well known for their large range of colours and specialties and good performance on more absorbent papers that are not normally fountain pen friendly. To keep prices as low as possible, Noodler's uses simple bottles and packaging, with boxes made of recycled paper. All Noodler's inks are 100% made in the USA.
This ink is considered "partially bulletproof," meaning that part of the color may fade or wash away if exposed to water, UV radiation, bleach, or solvents, but a bulletproof base color will remain. Bulletproof inks have a special chemical composition that causes them to bind permanently with cellulose. Because of this, they may have issues with longer drying times, increased smearing, and reduced waterproofness on very smooth, coated, or cellulose-free papers.
- Partially Bulletproof: Some of the color of this ink may run or fade if exposed to water, solvents, or UV light, but a Bulletproof core color will remain unaffected and perfectly legible.
- Forgery Resistant: This ink is resistant to lasers, alcohols, and solvents used by forgers and check-washers.
- This is not an iron gall ink - It is pH neutral and totally safe to use in fountain pens.
- Ink bottles are filled to the brim with ink, be careful when opening it to avoid spilling.
- Noodler's inks are hand made in small batches, the colors can vary slightly from one bottle to another.