Midori MD Notebook // A5
Order today and we'll ship your parcel within the next 2 - 4 working days.
The MD Notebook has no cover. Why? Because it is important to us that you can see the pleasing texture of the materials as soon as you pick it up, and imagine how comfortable writing will be. No bells and whistles; just the pleasure of writing.
Threaded binding is used for MD Notebook, with 16-page quires bound at the back with thread which makes the pages both robust and easy to open. This binding’s ability to open to a full 180 degrees provides the ultimate comfort when writing, making writing a stress-free experience from start to finish.
MD Notebook features an iconic design where you can see the mesh on the spine, called super, that is hidden under the cover in other notebooks. The exposed super spine bends easily, keeping the notebook open perfectly.
Another iconic feature is the string attached to the spine. Each type of notebook now has its own color of string, with a white string in the cotton type and an orange string in the diary type. This adds a tasteful accent that can be glimpsed through the white spine and between the pages.
MD Notebooks are available in three page formats – blank, ruled lines and grid.
- Blank type offers the ultimate freedom when putting your ideas on paper. You can even use the two-page spread as a single canvas when drawing.
- Lines type has a thick line at the center so that you can divide each page in half or divide a two-page spread into quarters. Use it for notes or a diary, or add dates and use it as a schedule.
Grid type has 5mm squares with gaps in between, like the old genko yoshi used for writing in Japan. Every 5 and 10 squares are marked, making it easy to count how many characters are written, and the lines of the grid are pale blue so that they will not interfere with your writing or sketches.
-Size A5 H210×W148×D10mm
MD Notebook Journal comes in two formats - Frame and Dot Grid
- Frame Journal has blank pages with several frames. Use the small frames at the top for headings such as a title and the date and you’ve got a diary. In the big blank space on each page, anything goes. There are no rules – it’s all up to you.
- Dot Grid Journal has dot grid pages with two larger dots at the top showing where to write the date – all the structure of the ruled version but with more flexibility. If you like to organize, edit and illustrate your thoughts, this is the notebook for you.
- Block Grid Journal has 8-spread grid rule can be used freely, with items, days, and spreads of 1 week (7 days + memo). A grid ruler with thick lines added so that 192 pages and 1 page that can be recorded for half a year can be divided into 4 and 8 spreads. It is 192 pages that can record for half a year with one page per day and for two years with a spread of one week.
-The MD Notebook Journals come with MD Paper index stickers
-Size A5 H210×W148×D11mm
The PVC Notebook cover which is sold separately in store, keeps your MD Notebook clean without compromising the appearance.
MD Paper was born in 1960 as an original writing paper made in Japan, which offered a comfortable writing experience through its ink resistance and anti-transparency.
Only paper that passes our quality standard is used for diaries, notebooks and schedule books as MD Paper. Enjoy the comfortable writing feel of MD Paper.