Princeton 4750 Neptune Synthetic Squirrel Brush // Oval Wash
Princeton, who over twenty years ago created a synthetic version of the sable brush, have created synthetic squirrel bush. Princeton’s synthetic squirrel brushes, like their synthetic sable cousins, were designed to surpass their natural counterparts. They're so soft and absorbent, that the experts in natural hair have been skeptical that these brushes are actually synthetic.
Princeton’s Neptune™ brushes hold colour excellently and come in a large range of shapes, including mottlers and quills. Neptune™ squirrel brushes have traditional solid wood watercolour handles.
- Our thirstiest brush
- Soft and supple with an even release of color
- More durable and affordable than squirrel
- Perfect for watercolour and gouache
- Handle - Short, Shape - Oval Wash
- Synthetic Squirrel Fibres with multiple-diameter filaments; with enhanced snap and resilient strength
- Ideal for Watercolours & Gouache (Tempera) and Washes; Stiffness: 1 on 5
- Rich Wood Tone Handle; More durable and affordable than squirrel
- Princetons Thirstiest Brush; Soft and supple with an even release of colour
The oval wash has rounded hairs, flat ferrule and produces a soft edge, with no point. Wash brush is useful for large broad sweeping strokes. Laying in large areas of water or color, for wetting the surface, and for absorbing excess media. Washes, basecoating, applying glazes and finishes.